Nine Reasons why the Sabbath is not Jewish
by Steve Wohlberg
1) Adam and Eve were not Jewish. "God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it" (Genesis 2:3) before sin entered. "Sanctified" means "to be set apart for holy use." The only ones in the Garden of Eden for whom the Sabbath was "set apart" were Adam and Eve, who weren't Jewish.
2) "The Sabbath was made for man." Mark 2:27. Jesus said this. It was "made" in the Garden of Eden before it was "written" down on Mount Sinai. The Sabbath was "made" for "man," not just Jews.
3) The other nine commandments are not "just for Jews." God wrote "Ten Commandments" on stone, not just nine (See Deut. 4:12, 13; Ex. 20). Does "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," and "Do not bear false witness" apply only to Jews?
4) "The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God." Exodus 20:10. God calls the Sabbath, "my holy day." Isaiah 58:13. The Bible never calls it "the Sabbath of the Jews." It isn't their Sabbath, but God's.
5) The Sabbath commandment is for the "stranger" too. The fourth commandment itself says the "stranger" is to rest on the Sabbath. Exodus 20:10. "Strangers" are non-Jews, or Gentiles. Thus the Sabbath applies to them too. Read also Isaiah 56:6.
6) Isaiah said Gentiles should keep the Sabbath. "Also the sons of the stranger ... every one that keeps the Sabbath ... for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people." Isaiah 56:6, 7. Thus the Sabbath is for Gentiles and "all people," not just for Jews.
7) "All" mankind will keep the Sabbath in the New Earth. In "the new earth ... from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, says the Lord." Isaiah 66:22, 23. Here God says that "all flesh" we will be keeping the Sabbath in "the new earth." If this is the case - and it is - shouldn't we start now?
8) Gentiles kept the Sabbath in the Book of Acts. "The Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath ... Paul and Barnabas ... persuaded them to continue in the grace of God."' Acts 13:42, 43. Here saved-by-grace Gentiles kept the Sabbath (see also verse 44).
9) "The law" [of Ten Commandments] is for "all the world," not just for Jews. Paul wrote these words. Read Romans 2:17-23; 3:19, 23.
For more information, read Truth Left Behind by Steve Wohlberg, Sunday: The Origin of Its Observance in the Christian Church, by E.J. Wagonner, or watch the fascinating 5-part TV documentary, The Seventh-day: Revelations from the Lost Pages of History (view trailer), produced by LLT Productions. All three are now available from White Horse Media. www.whitehorsemedia.com. 1-800-78-BIBLE.
This article of Truth has been copied from the internet and presented here in the public interest by
Mount Zion Deeper Life Fellowship
“Home of Bible Based Christianity”
3095 Dave Ward Drive
Conway, Arkansas 72034 USA
We Invite You
to come and see what the Lord Jesus is doing in these last and evil days.
Saturday Sabbath Service 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday Night Prayer
& Bible Study 7:00 p.m.
PLEASE COME EARLY AND PRAY
"There is none so blind
as he who will not see"
WARNING! The TRUE LIGHT HAS SHINED ON YOUR PATH!
WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH IT?
“You may be playing games with God;
but God is not playing games with you!”